Madison Area DSA
We believe that both the economy and society should be run democratically to meet public needs, not to make profits for a few. To achieve a more just society, many structures of our government and economy must be radically transformed through greater economic and social democracy so that ordinary Americans can participate in the many decisions that affect our lives.
- Madison DSA Caravan and Rally Against Fascism on January 9th, 2021For Immediate Release—January 8, 2021 Madison Area Democratic Socialists of AmericaContact: John Cook (Communications Coordinator)Phone: 785-656-1444Email: firstname.lastname@example.org MADISON DSA CARAVAN AND RALLY AGAINST FASCISM ON JANUARY 9TH, 2021In response to the right-wing coup attempt on January 6, 2021, Madison DSA demands Senator Ron Johnson immediately step down from office. Madison, WI – Madison Area Democratic Socialists of America (Madison DSA) […]
- MADSA condemns the right-wing extremist attack on the U.S. Capitol building.Madison Area Democratic Socialists of America condemns yesterday’s right-wing extremist attack on the U.S. Capitol building. It is extremely disturbing that this attempt to disrupt the confirmation of the November 4 presidential election results was both predictable and temporarily successful. Yesterday’s right-wing violence and destruction was an undeniable attempt to overturn democratic norms and rob people of the limited democratic […]
- MADSA Condemns Lack of Police AccountabilityThe Madison Area Democratic Socialists of America (MADSA) condemns the continued lack of accountability for police officers committing violence in their communities. Officer Rusten Sheskey will not be charged for the shooting of Jacob Blake this past August, and will face no consequences for permanently paralyzing another human being. Once again, our systems have failed us as Kenosha County District […]
- Defend the Vote!Early this morning, Donald Trump declared victory prematurely in the presidential election, despite the outcome remaining unclear as votes in many key battleground states remained (and for the most part still remain) uncounted. Trump is attempting to disrupt the counting of the remaining votes, calling it a “major fraud” and declaring his intention to challenge the results before the conservative-led […]
- Madison Area DSA endorses the “Doyle Resolution”Madison Area DSA endorses the “Doyle Resolution” in support of the renewed effort to halt the expansion of the Dane County Jail. Click here to sign up for Madison DSA’s efforts to stop the jail. In 2019 the Dane County Board of Supervisors flaunted the Derail the Jail coalition and approved a $220 million jail consolidation project, the largest capital […]
- DSA National Endorses Nada Elmikashfi for State Senate District 26!In June, Madison-Area DSA endorsed local member Nada Elmikashfi, running for State Senate District 26. After our endorsement, our chapter submitted a request for an endorsement by the national Democratic Socialists of America. On July 17th, DSA National announced their endorsement of Nada: DSA is proud to endorse Nada Elmikashfi for Wisconsin State Senate District 26 – up for election […]