Madison Area DSA
We believe that both the economy and society should be run democratically to meet public needs, not to make profits for a few. To achieve a more just society, many structures of our government and economy must be radically transformed through greater economic and social democracy so that ordinary Americans can participate in the many decisions that affect our lives.
- May Day in Madison: CUNA Picket & DSA PicnicMark your calendars for International Workers Day on Sunday, May 1st, because it’s going to be a busy day of building working class solidarity. Sunday, May 1st, 2022 in Madison, WI Schedule: 10AM-1PM: Informational Picket at CUNA Mutual Group CUNA Mutual Group Workers United (OPEIU Local 39) will be picketing their employer, CUNA Mutual Group. These workers are fighting for… Continue reading May Day in Madison: CUNA Picket & DSA Picnic
- On the de-chartering of the DSA BDS & Palestine Solidarity Working GroupMadison Area DSA’s Executive Committee condemns in the strongest possible terms the National Political Committee of DSA’s decision to de-charter the BDS & Palestine Solidarity Working Group.
- Expel Jamaal BowmanAn open letter to DSA’s National Political Committee from Madison Area DSA calling on the NPC to expel Jamaal Bowman.
- Solidarity with Altoona High School StudentsThe Madison Area chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America applauds the students at Altoona High School who organized a walkout in response to a return to in-person learning in the middle of a global pandemic. We stand with them in their fight for a safe learning environment. Students at Altoona describe close confines that prevent adequate social distancing and… Continue reading Solidarity with Altoona High School Students
- No New Pipelines! PGND and Madison DSA Stand in Solidarity with Water Defenders AGAINST Line 3For Immediate Release—Tuesday, March 16, 2021Madison Area Democratic Socialists of AmericaContact: email@example.com ### No New Pipelines! PGND and Madison DSA Stand in Solidarity with Water Defenders AGAINST Line 3 MADISON, WI — People’s Green New Deal – Madison and the Madison Area Democratic Socialists of America, stand in solidarity with water protectors who are mobilizing for protest, calling on federal… Continue reading No New Pipelines! PGND and Madison DSA Stand in Solidarity with Water Defenders AGAINST Line 3
- Spring 2021 EndorsementsMadison Area DSA is proud to announce our endorsements of the following candidates in the upcoming Spring 2021 election. Please check out our voter guide or the candidates’ websites to learn more about their campaigns. Benji Ramirez for Madison Common Council District 2 Brian Benford for District Common Council District 6 Ayomi Obuseh for Madison Common Council District 8 Nikki… Continue reading Spring 2021 Endorsements
- Madison DSA Caravan and Rally Against Fascism on January 9th, 2021For Immediate Release—January 8, 2021 Madison Area Democratic Socialists of AmericaContact: John Cook (Communications Coordinator)Phone: 785-656-1444Email: firstname.lastname@example.org MADISON DSA CARAVAN AND RALLY AGAINST FASCISM ON JANUARY 9TH, 2021In response to the right-wing coup attempt on January 6, 2021, Madison DSA demands Senator Ron Johnson immediately step down from office. Madison, WI – Madison Area Democratic Socialists of America (Madison DSA)… Continue reading Madison DSA Caravan and Rally Against Fascism on January 9th, 2021
- MADSA condemns the right-wing extremist attack on the U.S. Capitol building.Madison Area Democratic Socialists of America condemns yesterday’s right-wing extremist attack on the U.S. Capitol building. It is extremely disturbing that this attempt to disrupt the confirmation of the November 4 presidential election results was both predictable and temporarily successful. Yesterday’s right-wing violence and destruction was an undeniable attempt to overturn democratic norms and rob people of the limited democratic… Continue reading MADSA condemns the right-wing extremist attack on the U.S. Capitol building.
Late May Membership Meeting
May 31, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Madison Tenant Power Meeting
June 2, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Electoral Working Group meeting
June 7, 2022 7:00 pm - 7:00 pm
People's Green New Deal Madison Biweekly meeting
June 9, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm